The VG Resource
Bored at work - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-21.html)
+----- Thread: Bored at work (/thread-18188.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bored at work - Raccoon Sam - 08-11-2011

I work at an advertising agency and sometimes I'm just left with nothing to work on.
Then I just craft some stuff out of boredom. I've only done two things worth showing so far, but I'll keep this thread updated on the same pace as I do shit.

Here's the first one. Book binding. Very tiny book binding!
[Image: Giv5j.jpg]

This one's a cigarette pack. For one cigarette! No textures because concept only but yeah.
[Image: vtIAB.jpg]
I'm considering contacting a printing press if I can expand this to a stop smoking-campaign or some shit.

That's all for now. :<

RE: Bored at work - Marth - 08-11-2011

I'd actually buy the single cigarette holder because it'd be useful to me.
These are pretty rad concepts though. Tinybook is kinda functionless though, isn't it?

RE: Bored at work - Raccoon Sam - 08-12-2011

Yeah definitely. Doesn't really serve a great purpose, but I dunno, maybe I could hide it in a library or something.
Thanks for the feedback.

RE: Bored at work - Garamonde - 08-12-2011

That little book is cute! Smile

You seem pretty good at making stuff.

RE: Bored at work - Gors - 08-12-2011

love that single cigarrete box

RE: Bored at work - Rosencrantz - 08-12-2011

oh my god, not even gonna lie, I can very easily see the mini-cigarette box being sold in small vending machines (the ones where you put coins in and turn a knob to drop whatever is inside)

Just place them right next to the cash register and presto: bum a cigarette for fifty cents AND uphold the 18+ age law!

(im gonna steal this idea uehuehuehuehue)

RE: Bored at work - Dazz - 08-12-2011

It's also great for the concept of a quitting smoking campaign...

Maybe come up with some simple advertising form and plaster it on, something like "My last one..." or "Just one more..."

RE: Bored at work - Raccoon Sam - 08-17-2011

Thanks for the input guys!!
@oB2Kojjiro: Great idea but here in Finland, if you want a permit to sell cigarette(s), you're going to go through a fuckload of paperwork and probably end up not getting the license anyway :<

WELP HERES MORE

I heard the mailman drop by this morning but he didn't deliver any mail.. at least to me.
[Image: 2011-08-17%2006.31.52.jpg]
[Image: 2011-08-17%2006.28.44.jpg]
[Image: 2011-08-17%2006.28.26.jpg]

Särkilahti is my neighbor. He's really small.
[Image: 2011-08-17%2006.27.49.jpg]

Looks like he's got a letter.
[Image: 2011-08-17%2006.30.22.jpg]

I suppose he doesn't mind if I take a look...
[Image: 2011-08-17%2006.33.30.jpg]

Oh okay.
[Image: 2011-08-17%2006.34.34.jpg]

For all you non-finns out there, it says "Hey Kari! What's going on these days? Are you still as small? I should be getting there sometime next month, it would be great to see you".

I think I'll take a break from all this mini-stuff now.

RE: Bored at work - Rosencrantz - 08-17-2011

(08-17-2011, 12:10 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: @oB2Kojjiro: Great idea but here in Finland, if you want a permit to sell cigarette(s), you're going to go through a fuckload of paperwork and probably end up not getting the license anyway :<

It's a good thing I live in America then Cool

and oh my god that miniature mailbox and letter thing is adorable

RE: Bored at work - Marth - 08-17-2011

Miniatures are pretty rad. I say continue with them but at the same time I'm curious as to what you can make on a larger scale.

RE: Bored at work - Raccoon Sam - 08-18-2011

Thanks guys!!

This one's a bit more subtle... I hid it in an old vent.
[Image: WCZdd.jpg]

??????????
[Image: HZhkf.jpg]

A sticker?
[Image: I12Nb.jpg]

Apparently yeah. But I took the photo from such an angle that the purpose kinda melts... You see, the rain above the man and his trusty dachshund is actually a barcode. If you've got a reader on your phone or whatever, sticking it into the hole and reading it will grant you a message. Smile
But like I said I realized only afterwards that I took that last photo from a shitty angle so you can't read it unless you photoshop the rightmost 'merged' apart from each other or something.
WELP I've got like 20 of these in different sizes so I guess I'll post another pic if I get around sticking another somewhere.

EDIT:
also
[Image: OjcKz.jpg]

I've hidden 24 of these little QR code stickers all over town. Each contain a unique motivational message.

RE: Bored at work - Dear President Seinfeld - 08-18-2011

you invented joint storage

RE: Bored at work - Raccoon Sam - 08-19-2011

Haha, thanks.

This one's made from a toothpick and a laminated duplex print of a Piranha plant!
[Image: gwRLK.jpg]

I made four of these and sticked them on random public flowerbeds across town.
[Image: 39MTi.jpg]

lol
[Image: E5RGP.jpg]

RE: Bored at work - Raccoon Sam - 09-02-2011

WELP here it is.
(if you're Finnish you'll get this instantly)
the scale is 1:10

[Image: Qu4Li.jpg]
[Image: xZVfb.jpg]
[Image: UpCVM.jpg]
[Image: 2tUse.jpg]

I'm born and raised in Pori, a relatively big town in Finland. It's also the place where I live right now.
One of the most well-acclaimed beers of Finland is Karhu. It is Finnish and means "Bear".
[Image: YavJZ.jpg]
pictured: a 24-pack of Karhu-beer

The word "Pori", the name of the town I live in originates from bears as well, originally deprived from Swedish "Björneborg" meaning "Bear castle".

I decided to do a little tribute to Pori and its Karhu-beer by making my own beer.
"Marsu" means "Guinea Pig" in English.

I also made templates for tiny tiny little beer cans for cut pencils of which 24 would fit perfectly in the box. It's just that I can't find any goddamn round pencils from ANY STORE. They're all hexagonal. Why?

RE: Bored at work - Lexou Duck - 09-02-2011

you're like a new cooler geekier banksy