The VG Resource
Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project (/thread-11696.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - DecaTilde - 04-25-2011

NICKtendo DS Wrote:I beg your pardon? Have you missed my other sprites? I am going for GSC-like.
They are grey because they are. If that's not the issue, then I have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh. Never mind...

Chaoxys Wrote:[Image: o5vsbd.jpg]

Forgot I finished this a while ago. I may make a few tweaks here and there soon, but overall I think it's not too bad.

Nice job on Zoroark.

Anyways, I'll be working on Sharpedo and the wind genies (Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus) when there's time. I know where to find the palettes for all three genies.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - NICKtendo DS - 04-26-2011

[Image: zekrom.png]
Zekrom
[Image: reshiram.png]
Reshiram
[Image: kyurem.png]
Kyurem
[Image: heatranm.png]
Heatran

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - supersmashbrawl - 04-26-2011

(04-26-2011, 03:19 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: [Image: zekrom.png]
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem

Nice job on those, but don't they look small compared to say
Ho-oh or Lugia? Or am I just seeing things worng?

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - NICKtendo DS - 04-26-2011

(04-26-2011, 07:05 AM)supersmashbrawl Wrote:
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem

Size limit is 56x56 pixels. It ain't getting bigger than this.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Kosheh - 04-26-2011

(04-23-2011, 10:21 PM)LDEJRuff Wrote: And the end result, step seven: Apply the pallets.
[Image: laketriogscdevampredone.gif]

no, no, no
they look like they've been made in mspaint and lazily colored with the fill tool
it's because their shadows and light sources look like, nonexistent

(and let me not even start with the sprites - i'll just say that your original ones looked better; their lineart could have just used a little work instead of being completely redone <_<)

think of it this way: you don't want the sprite to look like it's been made in MSPaint; you want it to look as if some magical program that wasn't MSPaint made the sprites look really damn good Tongue

pay better attention to light sources too, as your sprites are still going to look extremely jagged if you don't shade them properly
[Image: SNQXD.png]

see rakia's lotad? that very light use of dithering, and creative use of omitting the black of the lines?

try looking at the recent games' sprites to get an idea of where exactly shading/lightsources should be evident, then apply the old-school coloring techniques to your sprites :I

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Wes - 04-26-2011

(04-26-2011, 07:20 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote:
(04-26-2011, 07:05 AM)supersmashbrawl Wrote:
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem

Size limit is 56x56 pixels. It ain't getting bigger than this.
They are within the size limit, but they're still a little small. GSC style had a way of distorting sizes of heads/hands/feet/etc. to make the Pokemon seem bigger (and having odd stances for the Pokemon). The sprites you made are great and they fit the style by means of outlines, aa, and colors, but they're a little bit too skinny looking.

I spent like 5 minutes making a quick sketch of Reshiram as an example. Both of these two sprites are the same size, 56x56, but mine looks bigger because it takes up more of that space.

[Image: Cuqmp.png]

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - DecaTilde - 04-26-2011

NICKtendo DS Wrote:[Image: zekrom.png]
Zekrom
Reshiram

The sprites you drew of Reshiram and Zekrom look okay, but didn't I do Reshiram and Zekrom before?

NICKtendo DS Wrote:[Image: kyurem.png]
Kyurem

Anyway, your Kyurem is good, and that's a fact.

BTW, Kosheh, I can't install the latest version of Photoshop on my Windows Me computer. It's so old and unstable, that I can't even layer my pics right. And yes, I did use MSPaint.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Rakia - 04-26-2011

I hope no one minds that I gave Uxie a try.
I was really happy after I finished school.
[Image: IsBTq.png]
Although I'm not sure if I like it

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Sengir - 04-26-2011

i like it, very nice

also the new lotad

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Garamonde - 04-26-2011

(04-26-2011, 06:14 PM)Rakia Wrote: I hope no one minds that I gave Uxie a try.
I was really happy after I finished school.
[Image: IsBTq.png]
Although I'm not sure if I like it

So much better than the other Uxie. You should really attempt Mesprit and Azelf, Rakia. I didn't know you were such a good spriter. Smile

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - NICKtendo DS - 04-27-2011

(04-26-2011, 02:49 PM)Wes Wrote: They are within the size limit, but they're still a little small. GSC style had a way of distorting sizes of heads/hands/feet/etc. to make the Pokemon seem bigger (and having odd stances for the Pokemon). The sprites you made are great and they fit the style by means of outlines, aa, and colors, but they're a little bit too skinny looking.

I spent like 5 minutes making a quick sketch of Reshiram as an example. Both of these two sprites are the same size, 56x56, but mine looks bigger because it takes up more of that space.

[Image: Cuqmp.png]
[Image: reshiram2.png]
Better? Thanks for the criticism. I might attempt Zekrom, but I think Kyurem is good the way it is.

EDIT:
[Image: zekrom2.png]
Zekrom
[Image: chatot.png]
Chatot
[Image: throh.png]
Throh
[Image: budew.png]
Budew
[Image: roggenrola.png]
Roggenrola

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Locked Achievement - 04-28-2011

Throh and Budew look slightly deforemed, i think. The rest look fine, though.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - ~DrakoRero~ - 04-28-2011

[Image: zekromgscsprite1.png][Image: zekromgscsprite2.png]
I gave Zekrom a try C:.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - DecaTilde - 04-28-2011

Well, I'm giving the lake trio another go, thanks to Kosheh

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - NICKtendo DS - 04-29-2011

(04-28-2011, 11:58 PM)LDEJRuff Wrote: Well, I'm giving the lake trio another go, thanks to Kosheh

TBQH they still look horrid. The light on Uxie and Azelf is an improvement, but it doesn't help much if the lineart is bad.
I'm sorry to say this, but Uxie is so far the only one that looks decent, but Rakia already made a way better version that.
The best advice I can give you is take a good look at Rakia's Uxie, compare it with yours, try to figure out what makes it better than yours and try again. Focus on the light source and how light falls on the character. Also, just because the two mid-tones are way different from eachother doesn't mean one can be the other's light or shadow (ex. dark red being light blue's shadow). Also, choose your mid-tones wisely. A good pallette makes a big difference.
Study, practise and always keep reference at hand and you'll get there eventually.
Cresselia
[Image: porygonz.png]
Porygon-Z
[Image: deoxys.png]
Deoxys
[Image: arceusk.png]
Arceus