The VG Resource
Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project (/thread-11696.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - seiyouh - 11-20-2010

[Image: movi_by_seiyouh.gif]
[Image: tangrowth_by_seiyouh.png]
[Image: devamp_by_seiyouh.png]

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Chaos Rush - 11-23-2010

[Image: 97303048.png]
[Image: 16362442.png]
[Image: 25843194.png]

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - BynineB - 12-04-2010

[Image: w7ooer.png]

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - DecaTilde - 12-07-2010

Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf; the Lake Trio of Sinnoh.

[Image: laketriogscdevamp.gif]

EDIT: Image updated. The gems on their heads are all blue in the normal 4-color palettes, like their bodies, while their shiny 4-color palettes have their bodies and gems yellow.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Speed-X - 12-09-2010

Neslug: Nice! Something's a bit off with Oshawott, however. See, a lot of the time, with the GSC graphic style, if the Pokemon has two different colors that contrast pretty well, those two colors will usually be used. Thus, Oshawott, I think, would look much less like its in the Red/Blue shading style if you were to add the brown color there (even if it IS only on its nose), and possibly make the blue a bit less on the blue-violet side, rathermore more on the sky-blue side--but not TOO sky blue-like. Just less indigo.

Seiyoh: The only thing that bugs me is Weavile; it looks too compact and detailed for it to appear more as it's from GSC...instead, it looks a little more on the "edited sprite from a DS Pokemon game." See, if you notice, even with the more detailed Pokemon, the GSC style tended to simplify, if not "bubble-out" / exaggerate its anatomy. Your best bet is to use the GSC Sneasel as a reference.

Chaos Rush: While I'm not blatantly claiming that you just shrunk them and edited them, it really looks that way. Like I mentioned with seiyoh's Weavile, the anatomy of the Pokemon shouldn't be so exact. Exaggerate and / or SLIGHTLY deform things more.

BynineB: I'm pretty sure Magmortar was already done. But, nonetheless.

LDEJRuff: Oh my goodness. Ded Okay, so you got the anatomy "freedom" concept down, I suppose, since some things are out of regular proportions, but I think you took that a little too far. Mostly, though, your problem are those god-awful jaggedy lines; especially on Azelf. Sorry I can't give you many pointers on that--there's just all these aspects of them that are so off that it would probably take quite a while to explain.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Yeti Dk - 12-13-2010

(12-07-2010, 01:47 AM)LDEJRuff Wrote: Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf; the Lake Trio of Sinnoh.

Um There a Little Well dont have a word for it but They Could Be Better

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - DecaTilde - 12-16-2010

Thanks for the words of advice, Yeti Dk.

Anyways, here's a rare Pokemon from Sinnoh. It's Rotom and its forms.

[Image: rotomanditsformsgscdeva.gif]

EDIT: Image updated. Frost Rotom's bottom door didn't have a handle on it, and Heat Rotom's front left leg was mispositioned.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Hoeloe - 12-17-2010

(12-16-2010, 09:37 PM)LDEJRuff Wrote: Thanks for the words of advice, Yeti Dk.

Anyways, here's a rare Pokemon from Sinnoh. It's Rotom and its forms.

Generally, fixing the old ones before moving onto new ones is a good idea.

These are flawed too. Jagged outlines are in abundance and they aren't even in style.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Arceus493 - 12-18-2010

(11-12-2010, 02:52 AM)Arceus493 Wrote: Please rate
[Image: 50fa7b.png]
It's edited from Devicho's, but I already get her permission, Devicho's:
[Image: arceusgscwip.png]
Can someone rate this? Anyway You guys need to read the first post, project stopped and someone need to take this project Sick

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - DecaTilde - 12-19-2010

Well, I would rate the Arceus sprites and icons a 10/10.

Anyways, here's another Pokemon sprite that I recently worked on. It's an evolved Pokemon, and it's from Hoenn. It may need a little work, though.
[Image: sharpedogscdevamp.gif]

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Sesshomaru - 12-29-2010

I'd like to take a crack at the cactus looking thing in gen 5...forgot its name. I'd also like to try tropius.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - DecaTilde - 02-04-2011

(12-29-2010, 03:45 PM)Sesshomaru Wrote: I'd like to take a crack at the cactus looking thing in gen 5...forgot its name.
That Pokémon's Japanese name is "Marakacchi"; its English name is "Maractus".
(12-29-2010, 03:45 PM)Sesshomaru Wrote: I'd also like to try tropius.
I sure would love to see Tropius' devamped sprite (even in a Crystal animation).

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Hoeloe - 02-04-2011

(12-19-2010, 08:58 PM)LDEJRuff Wrote: Well, I would rate the Arceus sprites and icons a 10/10.

Anyways, here's another Pokemon sprite that I recently worked on. It's an evolved Pokemon, and it's from Hoenn. It may need a little work, though.
[Image: sharpedogscdevamp.gif]

Did you not read what I posted?

All of your sprites are horribly flawed. Stop making new ones and concentrate on fixing the old ones first.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - DecaTilde - 02-05-2011

(02-04-2011, 02:39 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: Did you not read what I posted?

All of your sprites are horribly flawed. Stop making new ones and concentrate on fixing the old ones first.

I read what you said I still need to work on Sharpedo, but I have school on my mind now. Plus, I have a Senior art show on the way. I'm sorry.

EDIT: Oh, now I see what you mean. Frost Rotom's bottom door had no handle on it, and Heat Rotom's front left leg was mispositioned. Fixed image.

Also, I updated the sprites for the lake trio.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Shoda - 02-05-2011

@LDEJRuff

Since you can't see what's wrong with your Yuxie + co. sprites, let me try to help out.

- They aren't shaded properly
You might want to look at some original sprites to get a feel of the shading. They feel a little too blocked in.
- There are some really bad jagged lines
You really gotta smooth out the edges on the tails. It also makes the faces look strange.
- The anatomy is a bit wonky
Going off the original sprites you can see that the arms are much thinner, same with the tails. The feet on the last one could use some work too as they just look like they've been stuck onto the bottom. They do have legs, not just feet.
- The colours are too dark
Also considering they all share the same "light blue-gray" colour, I'm curious as to why you made them all different. Technically the only colour that varies between them are the yellow, pink and blue.

Anyway, I hope that helped a bit!