The VG Resource
Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project (/thread-11696.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Neslug - 04-27-2010

Sorry I've been away doing other things so I haven't commented here for a while.

(04-26-2010, 03:53 PM)Jirachi_the_Chao Wrote: Hmm...the only couple things that bug me here are Aron and Castform, but just a little bit.
In GSC, Gamefreak seemed to like having contrasting colors rather than monotone palettes (ex: purple and dark purple), at least, for Pokemon that had more than one color in their color scheme. Therefore, Aron would most likely look a whole lot better if you were to use blue instead of dark gray as the second color, and using the gray with much black dithering for its belly; the blue would be used for its eyes.
I have to agree here, the blue would work much better for Aron's eye. As for Castform, it's too dark.

(04-26-2010, 03:53 PM)Jirachi_the_Chao Wrote: [Image: j956gy.png]
The white shine on the second Skitty's head looks off. Mainly because it should be more to the left like in the first. You could also horizontally flip it, I tried it in Paint and it worked much better. Just needs a few touch-ups with the shading.

Good work in here, everyone.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Speed-X - 04-27-2010

Thanks, Neslug. =3 I'll work on it as soon as I get back home from school--expect to see an edit on this post.

Okey-dokey. I've touched it up, along with some other stuffs I found a tidbit out of place.
[Image: rawa3m.png] [Image: ejwz7c.png]
[Image: 33peh6w.png] [Image: 33ac4eo.png]

I've got the shinies posted up--assuming it's finished, or somewhere near that--but if anyone feels the need to edit and/or point anything else out, go right ahead.

I almost have Delcatty finished, also.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - seiyouh - 04-28-2010

a little animation...
[Image: 018823942913-iaza.gif]

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Adam - 04-28-2010

[Image: arons.png]

Four different color tests for Aron's blue. And a shiny.

Which do you think is best? I'm leaning towards #1 myself. I also added a tad more dithering and a few adjustments.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Speed-X - 04-28-2010

Adding the blue to Aron makes it look much better. However, the belly still seems a bit too solid--Arons actual underbelly seems to have "creases/indents" in them.
Here, I've edited Aron (mainly having to do with the color distribution) so my point hopefully gets across better without me having to give a long-assed explanation, hah.
Hope you don't mind. ^^
[Image: 20pwpq8.png]
(I just sorta neglected a few shading aspects, yeah)
Something similar to this. I mean, it seems as if in some of the GSC sprites, a Pokemon will have two contrasting colors/color schemes (Such as Aron's gray and blue scheme, here), yes, but at times the other color will only be needed for one area. Thus, what I meant with the Aron.
I guess I should have explained it a little better from the start, but I thought it'd be much better to show my point with a simple edit.

Anyways, I have Delcatty finished, for the most part.
[Image: 5p3d7c.png] [Image: 1tqz2s.png]
[Image: 16ghjzl.png] [Image: 1z4aele.png]
C+C is nice, bitte. =3

Also, I might just do back sprites for Skitty and/or Delcatty, despite how it seems kinda overachiever-like of me. Oh well, I'm really taking a liking to this project.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Jalopes - 04-28-2010

The Aron looks much more in style now.
(04-27-2010, 05:53 AM)Neslug Wrote: Sorry I've been away doing other things so I haven't commented here for a while.

(04-26-2010, 03:53 PM)Jirachi_the_Chao Wrote: Hmm...the only couple things that bug me here are Aron and Castform, but just a little bit.
In GSC, Gamefreak seemed to like having contrasting colors rather than monotone palettes (ex: purple and dark purple), at least, for Pokemon that had more than one color in their color scheme. Therefore, Aron would most likely look a whole lot better if you were to use blue instead of dark gray as the second color, and using the gray with much black dithering for its belly; the blue would be used for its eyes.
I have to agree here, the blue would work much better for Aron's eye. As for Castform, it's too dark.

(04-26-2010, 03:53 PM)Jirachi_the_Chao Wrote: [Image: j956gy.png]
The white shine on the second Skitty's head looks off. Mainly because it should be more to the left like in the first. You could also horizontally flip it, I tried it in Paint and it worked much better. Just needs a few touch-ups with the shading.

Good work in here, everyone.

Did you see this one?

[Image: casty.png]

i dont think it gets any lighter than that

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Adam - 04-29-2010

Sorry Jirachi, but I disagree. It no longer has the broken outline the Pokemon style has, and it all looks a bit too solid now. It's also much flatter like that- I believe the way I was doing it, using the blue as a buffer and secondary outlining shade would work much better. Perhaps we could just edit the stomach on mine, because honestly, I don't like the edit one bit. :I

[Image: geezaron.png]

In my opinion, this edit right here adds the happy medium between mine and yours. I tried combining your stomach edits with my shading, and I believe it looks much better this way. Thanks for the help!

And Glukom, on Castform, the first shade should definitely be lightened. The second shade blends in with it way too much, and it hardly even seems like you have a second shade.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Neslug - 04-29-2010

My problem with the Castform? It's darker than Castform is in all official depictions (barring the menu icon), a very pale, light gray.

Also, while the white highlights are fine, I think the darker shade should be solid and not dithered. The shading is rarely ever dithering only in the GSC sprites. The eyes could also be moved down a bit, to make it look like it's staring down its opponent in a battle screen.

Hope I don't sound like a complete jerk here, it's a good sprite by all means.

@ Dex: The red looks too dark compared to the grey on the shiny, try picking a slightly darker grey to go with it. Also lose the three grey pixels on the belly, they stick out. No other crits really, even though it still looks a bit "too good" for the style. Maybe it needs a bit of white dithering on the head, I dunno.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Arceus493 - 04-29-2010

Wow, this will be my 1st post, I make one, it's my first time to make something like this, I'm not good at shading, this's edited from Devicho's, here:
[Image: muxvll.png] Feel free to edit it

Don't edit Devicho's work, please. Even though she hasn't been around for a while.

Just pick something that hasn't been done yet.

(04-29-2010, 09:15 AM)Neslug Wrote: Don't edit Devicho's work, please. Even though she hasn't been around for a while.

Just pick something that hasn't been done yet.
Devicho's was incomplete Sick, here:
[Image: arceusgscwip.png] Sorry if I still can't edit it Cry

At least get her permission first, mmkay?

(04-29-2010, 09:36 AM)Neslug Wrote: At least get her permission first, mmkay?
Well, he wrote: Like the sketch, please feel free to point out anything that may not look quite right. I'd appreciate your time. c:

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Hoeloe - 04-29-2010

(04-29-2010, 09:40 AM)Arceus493 Wrote:
(04-29-2010, 09:36 AM)Neslug Wrote: At least get her permission first, mmkay?
Well, he wrote: Like the sketch, please feel free to point out anything that may not look quite right. I'd appreciate your time. c:

Pointing out and editing are not the same thing.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Speed-X - 04-29-2010

(04-29-2010, 07:10 AM)Dex Wrote: Sorry Jirachi, but I disagree. It no longer has the broken outline the Pokemon style has, and it all looks a bit too solid now. It's also much flatter like that- I believe the way I was doing it, using the blue as a buffer and secondary outlining shade would work much better. Perhaps we could just edit the stomach on mine, because honestly, I don't like the edit one bit. :I

[Image: geezaron.png]

In my opinion, this edit right here adds the happy medium between mine and yours. I tried combining your stomach edits with my shading, and I believe it looks much better this way. Thanks for the help!

And Glukom, on Castform, the first shade should definitely be lightened. The second shade blends in with it way too much, and it hardly even seems like you have a second shade.

Yeah. I guess we both sorta have our own points and viewpoints, here. But oh well. XD Anyways, yes, that Aron does look much better. Although, yes, like Neslug mentioned, the red is a bit too "strong." I'd recommend lightening it a tad and/or adding more gray to it. ^^