The VG Resource
Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project (/thread-11696.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Koopaul - 04-23-2010

We're sorta looking for original poses here.

EDIT:
[Image: bidoof.png]

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Alpha Six - 04-23-2010

That needs a lot of work. It doesn't really look like the Pokemon Bidoof, it looks too much like an fan interpretation.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Koopaul - 04-23-2010

True I was attempting to give it a more "cuter" disposition.

I also wanted it in a more active pose than just standing there. I don't know how to pull that off.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Jovian-12 - 04-23-2010

the pose is fine, it just needs to be a bit chunkier, especially around the face. fix the mouth too, perhaps even closing it.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Koopaul - 04-24-2010

How's this then?

[Image: bidoof.png]

By the way, where has Devicho been on this project?

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Kifla - 04-24-2010

Hey guys, just joined this forum, just for this thread

I did a lucario front and back, it's not the best but I hope you like it Smile
umm, you can edit it if you think something else would work better

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Alpha Six - 04-24-2010

Why did you use the EXACT same pose from HGSS? :I

In fact, I'm pretty sure you just edited Lucario to have less colors. It doesn't look in-style and it has no spark of originality.

If you're going to sprite for this project, you need to do a custom sprite and at least attempt to put him in a different pose...

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Kifla - 04-24-2010

(04-24-2010, 06:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Why did you use the EXACT same pose from HGSS? :I

In fact, I'm pretty sure you just edited Lucario to have less colors. It doesn't look in-style and it has no spark of originality.

If you're going to sprite for this project, you need to do a custom sprite and at least attempt to put him in a different pose...

uh...sorry then....but why does it have to be in a different pose?
i thought this was just editing the 3-4 gen pokemon to the 2. gen pokemon

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Helmo - 04-25-2010

I call Whismur.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Elk - 04-25-2010

You guys have to use way more dithering...

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Alpha Six - 04-25-2010

(04-24-2010, 06:31 PM)Kifla Wrote:
(04-24-2010, 06:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Why did you use the EXACT same pose from HGSS? :I

Please look closer at these sprites. Every single sprite done for this project is 100% custom. They're custom made in order to match the style of GSC more. No sprite that's been "accepted" has been edited off a gen 3/4 sprite.

To be clearer-- We're creating the 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon in the 2nd gen's sprite style. 100% custom.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Kifla - 04-26-2010

(04-25-2010, 02:38 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(04-24-2010, 06:31 PM)Kifla Wrote:

Please look closer at these sprites. Every single sprite done for this project is 100% custom. They're custom made in order to match the style of GSC more. No sprite that's been "accepted" has been edited off a gen 3/4 sprite.

To be clearer-- We're creating the 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon in the 2nd gen's sprite style. 100% custom.

Well yes...I see that, and dont get me wrong, you guys are awesome, but I still dont understand WHY they have to be custom...I dont want to be annoying but i just doesn't make sence Sad

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Hoeloe - 04-26-2010

Because the idea of the thread is to make it as though Nintendo were making a new Pokemon game, in the style of GSC. They never reuse front sprites, so they all must be made custom.

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Kifla - 04-26-2010

(04-26-2010, 10:02 AM)Yutaka Wrote: Because the idea of the thread is to make it as though Nintendo were making a new Pokemon game, in the style of GSC. They never reuse front sprites, so they all must be made custom.

ooooooh....sorry then, thx

RE: Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project - Speed-X - 04-26-2010

Hmm...the only couple things that bug me here are Aron and Castform, but just a little bit.
In GSC, Gamefreak seemed to like having contrasting colors rather than monotone palettes (ex: purple and dark purple), at least, for Pokemon that had more than one color in their color scheme. Therefore, Aron would most likely look a whole lot better if you were to use blue instead of dark gray as the second color, and using the gray with much black dithering for its belly; the blue would be used for its eyes.
If you want to see what it could possibly look like that way--in case you're suspicious--I can edit it to show you. =3 ((But...I'll do it a little later-I'm feelin' sorta lazy now.))

The only thing that bothers me about Castform is the contrast between the two gray colors--try making the darker gray-like color a little bit darker.

The majority of these contributions are turning out awesome so far, though. Cute
I'll throw in another two cents and try and Skitty, if no one minds.

-----------

Here's my attempt at Skitty. To be honest, I started on it and pretty much finished it last night, so, yeah. Just had to touch it up.
[Image: j956gy.png]
I decided that I'd do two poses, since it just seems more like Gold/Silver...seeing how each game had its own pose of the Pokemon sprites and whatnot.
I also thought I'd make the tail a little bit bigger in general, make the ball-like-objects on its tail attatched to shorter "string"-like...things...and made one less fluff on the end of its ears--all to try to, I guess, make it seem a little more "in style," in a way. I mean, of course, not all of the sprites in GSC were perfect--they had their quirks (but that's what makes them so fun to try and imitate, no?).
Anyways, I guess I'm okay with how it turned out, so far.

C+C and whatnot would be greatly appreciated.