The VG Resource
Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Assist Trophies and Pokemon (/thread-8719.html)

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Baegal - 11-01-2009

[Image: Pillows.png]
The one on the left is pillowshading, where you simply keep outlining layers. It turns out really bad.

The one on the right is shading with anti-aliasing, as well as normal shading. Anti-aliasing is adding shades to the corners to make to colors blend nicer. the gray around ML3 sprites are examples of anti-aliasing with the background.

Sorry, I'm not to good at explaining things... :{

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - JoseFran - 11-01-2009

(11-01-2009, 01:56 PM)Baegal Wrote: [Image: Pillows.png]
The one on the left is pillowshading, where you simply keep outlining layers. It turns out really bad.

The one on the right is shading with anti-aliasing, as well as normal shading. Anti-aliasing is adding shades to the corners to make to colors blend nicer. the gray around ML3 sprites are examples of anti-aliasing with the background.

Sorry, I'm not to good at explaining things... :{

I think that you're good at explaining things, because I understand your explanation ^^

Thanks u very much Smile

Now I'll try again.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Baegal - 11-01-2009

Heart

i've never heard that before.....

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Koopaul - 11-01-2009

Heheh that warms my heart.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 11-02-2009

(10-30-2009, 10:11 PM)Bazzoka Wrote: An additional shade? I thought that there was a rule that each colour could only have 3-4 colours; main colour and then 2-3 shades? Or was that dumped? And I may have misinterpreted on what I should have done. I screwed around the the shading of the drill's swirl, like so:

[Image: jillssbbwip.png]

After, I figured that you probably meant the drill as a whole. Still, it's there if you want.

Yeah I did, but looking at it I think I like how you did E. a lot.

I also like Koopaul's Pokemon list. I think I'm going to add a poll option to decide if we should use it or not.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - tsr moderation staff - 11-02-2009

jill herself still looks really weird. use the official sprite for reference

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Bazzoka - 11-03-2009

Alright, first off. The Pokemon business. Sure I guess, I wouldn't mind that for the time being. It might be subject to change though :V

Second, got me an update for Jill. When I compared my Jill head to the official sprite, the resemblance outline wise was pretty dang close. So after that, I ended up using most of her GBA features and it looks like I took her face from her GBA game and recoloured it. I think it looks better this way though since it actually looks like her. The sideways open mouth deal was hard to capture anywho.

Drill bit questions. So, in order to make it easier on myself, I changed the drill's swirls as you can tell with the OLD and NEW underneath them. I figure I should ask if I should keep the old one or go with the new one. Personally, the newer one was much easier for me since it didn't take much thought to make the rest of the sprites for an animation.

Second, how many frames should I have the drill bit spinning for? The first column is like in Jill's game while the other one provides a much smoother spinning animation. Also, used the E version of the drill you happened to like Shadow :V

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - JoseFran - 11-04-2009

I've trained about do better the sprites, and I've done some sprites that I considere interesant: Metroide and Excite Bike.

[Image: spritesk.png]

I think that we can do Excite Bike how it appear in the Nintendo DS Sound, but If you aren't like this, I've done the originals. The blue and purple excitebikes appears in DSi Sound. The red is the original, and the other two... are new xD

About Metroid, it's simple xD

The big images are for the cards, if you'd like to use.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 11-04-2009

(11-03-2009, 10:45 PM)Bazzoka Wrote: Alright, first off. The Pokemon business. Sure I guess, I wouldn't mind that for the time being. It might be subject to change though :V

Second, got me an update for Jill. When I compared my Jill head to the official sprite, the resemblance outline wise was pretty dang close. So after that, I ended up using most of her GBA features and it looks like I took her face from her GBA game and recoloured it. I think it looks better this way though since it actually looks like her. The sideways open mouth deal was hard to capture anywho.

Drill bit questions. So, in order to make it easier on myself, I changed the drill's swirls as you can tell with the OLD and NEW underneath them. I figure I should ask if I should keep the old one or go with the new one. Personally, the newer one was much easier for me since it didn't take much thought to make the rest of the sprites for an animation.

Second, how many frames should I have the drill bit spinning for? The first column is like in Jill's game while the other one provides a much smoother spinning animation. Also, used the E version of the drill you happened to like Shadow :V

I like how the sprite came out. Her head looks a lot better than it did. I think the new drill looks good so you should go with that. For the animation, I think you should use the one that looks more like the original game.

Edit:
(11-04-2009, 12:29 PM)JoseFran Wrote: I've trained about do better the sprites, and I've done some sprites that I considere interesant: Metroide and Excite Bike.

[Image: spritesk.png]

I think that we can do Excite Bike how it appear in the Nintendo DS Sound, but If you aren't like this, I've done the originals. The blue and purple excitebikes appears in DSi Sound. The red is the original, and the other two... are new xD

About Metroid, it's simple xD

The big images are for the cards, if you'd like to use.

I think that you should use the ones based on the DS sound version. The Metroid looks good too. I do think that you should make the transparent part of the "shell" in the top metroid sprite a semi transparent green if you can.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Ton - 11-04-2009

I think the Metroid needs work. The pixel art looks way off as well.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - JoseFran - 11-04-2009

(11-04-2009, 03:21 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: I think that you should use the ones based on the DS sound version. The Metroid looks good too. I do think that you should make the transparent part of the "shell" in the top metroid sprite a semi transparent green if you can.

Okay, I think that I can do it. Are the Excite Bike's sprites well?

(11-04-2009, 04:04 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I think the Metroid needs work. The pixel art looks way off as well.

Do you talk about the little and big metroid or the little metroid and big metroid and excite bike?

The little metroid needs to be more translucent and less solid in the "brain." The pixel art is the wrong shape and is way too big.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - tsr moderation staff - 11-04-2009

jill looks much better. i would add more contrast and saturation to the colours now. metroid looks out of style and messy and excitebike is entirely pointless to make

So what if we have Poochy as a rare AT? He sniffs out a trophy in the stage and each stage has a unique trophy hidden in it somewhere. If you get him again on a stage where you've found the trophy he'll give you a random trophy.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Solink - 11-04-2009

(11-04-2009, 09:49 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: So what if we have Poochy as a rare AT? He sniffs out a trophy in the stage and each stage has a unique trophy hidden in it somewhere. If you get him again on a stage where you've found the trophy he'll give you a random trophy.
haha
I like that idea! Big Grin