The VG Resource
Collection of sprites - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Sprites / Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-127.html)
+--- Thread: Collection of sprites (/thread-27739.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Collection of sprites - Laviathan4041 - 12-19-2015

(10-09-2015, 09:52 AM)StevenB Wrote: [Image: ozrFwOT.png]

Plague Knight, the cutest bird dork

That's really awesome.

Have you ever thought about making Mugen characters before? Because I could totally see these in Mugen. You're more skilled than me at sprite drawing and especially animating.... Pretty cool sprites though.

RE: Collection of sprites - StevenB - 12-20-2015

(12-19-2015, 10:27 PM)Laviathan4041 Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 09:52 AM)StevenB Wrote: [Image: ozrFwOT.png]

Plague Knight, the cutest bird dork

That's really awesome.

Have you ever thought about making Mugen characters before? Because I could totally see these in Mugen. You're more skilled than me at sprite drawing and especially animating.... Pretty cool sprites though.

Much appreciated-

And yeah, I have thoought about it, as a matter of fact I recently joined some mugen communities. I'm practising with my animations first of all to get better though. My previous animation program broke down so I am still learning to animate with photoshop. 

[Image: TD7Tuhs.gif]
[Image: eXLeDVQ.gif]

RE: Collection of sprites - StevenB - 12-22-2015

[Image: YfomVt1.gif]

Now to go back to the stance, jab if I ever have time again

RE: Collection of sprites - StevenB - 12-28-2015

Something completely different

[Image: IzGng91.png]

I've posted these buggers before, but I've since added new ones and cleaned up the previous ones.

RE: Collection of sprites - StevenB - 01-17-2016

[Image: wSfOKFv.png]

KONO DINO DA

[Image: 14vqpKc.png]

I've also decided to redo the Damian stance that I previously posed into something new;
[Image: 4NvtBXR.gif]
It's still got a few rough edges, but I tried to focus on adding the organic movement that Gord pointed out. What do you all think? Is this a step in the right direction in that departement?

RE: Collection of sprites - The Phinx - 01-18-2016

There are still some issues I see with the sprite animation but overall the bounce is headed in the right direction.

RE: Collection of sprites - Gors - 01-18-2016

the head is turning way too much in the stance

while fighting you'd like to look at your opponent at all times, and swaying your head constantly can be a little unnatural

RE: Collection of sprites - StevenB - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 07:34 AM)The Phinx Wrote: There are still some issues I see with the sprite animation but overall the bounce is headed in the right direction.

I agree that it's still rough around an edge or two. Feel free to point out some things if you have time. I can't promise I'll fix it right away but I'll write it down for later

(01-18-2016, 10:51 AM)Gors Wrote: the head is turning way too much in the stance

while fighting you'd like to look at your opponent at all times, and swaying your head constantly can be a little unnatural

yeah tbh the head rotation was an afterthought that I threw in at the end. Do you think simply 2 frames or 1 frame of head motion would be better?

RE: Collection of sprites - x0_000 - 01-19-2016

Nice stuff in here! For the animation, I think the front arm could be positioned better, it's mostly absorbed into the silhouette right now. The angling on the far arm looks wrong when it gets pulled back: the fist is always facing the player but the angle of the arm suggests a different direction.

RE: Collection of sprites - The Phinx - 01-22-2016

Well one major problem I see is that his head size seems just way to small in proportion to his body. Like his head is a pokemon overworld trainer sprite and his body is a street fighter sprite. And his Right arm (our left) seems too close to his body id doesn't make for a good sillhouette. Those are the only real issues I see.

RE: Collection of sprites - Chris2Balls [:B] - 01-28-2016

Torso, neck and head seem out of proportion with the rest. The animating itself is good though!

RE: Collection of sprites - StevenB - 02-20-2016

New base concept:

[Image: 3glwznS.png]

Pose is a placeholder, but I wanted to make the head better proportioned according to the feedback. Similair to when I draw I do tend to make heads a bit bigger but maybe this time it looks more natural? For the pose I used some images from Google.

RE: Collection of sprites - StevenB - 02-28-2016

[Image: HtbwtNy.gif]

New stance animation. I've opted to go for a more loose pose this time around. There are still some jittery bits but overall I think I did pretty decent. Feedback is always welcome.

RE: Collection of sprites - x0_000 - 02-28-2016

The main thing that pops out to me is that the far leg's length is inconsistent during the animation. A bit too loose, perhaps?

RE: Collection of sprites - StevenB - 02-29-2016

(02-28-2016, 06:59 PM)x0_000 Wrote: The main thing that pops out to me is that the far leg's length is inconsistent during the animation. A bit too loose, perhaps?

Would you say this is most apparent at the highest or lowest frames? In some of the higher frames I raised the ball of the back foot a bit wich may throw the whole thing off. Do you think by 'adding' more knee (more pixels in width) in the lowest frames would help a bit? Thanks for the feedback, I'll write it down. I may do some other animations first but I'll adjust the leg when I get back to this animation.

I also speed the animation up a bit, I think it makes it better;
[Image: KZp73l9.gif]