The VG Resource
Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Assist Trophies and Pokemon (/thread-8719.html)

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - ectoBiologist - 02-07-2010

Bobblun/Bubblun: I suppose they would be good, sounds like a job for people working on Kirby.
Dark Matter: YES. Oh my fucking god, yes. Heart
Zero: :'D I might just have to cry if this happens. Out of all the AT's suggested (that I can remember) he deserves it the most. It shocked me that he didn't get in the roster. :'
Pacman: Actually, that's a good idea. If Snake, Mr. I-use-guns-and-bombs-and-everything-not-kid-friendly gets in, Pacman should. Besides, it's just a good At. He comes out of the case and immediately starts waka-waka-ing through the stage, doing 5 damage a chomp to anyone he hits, and in the last, oh say 5 seconds he's there, he starts glowing, gets bigger, and moves faster, which at that point he does 14-16 damage a hit. He moves like a hothead, except he can change directions, and the knockback of his attack is similar to a Piplup or a fan. You can attack him when he is normal, and if you get his health down enough -he has a hidden health bar, just like magikarp- he'll do the classic imploding looking death he did in the first pacman. But, in the last 5 seconds, he is invincible.
. . .
Too much?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Nick97 - 02-07-2010

I think the reason zero wasn't put in the first post was becuase no one really made a description of what he would do. soooo... allow me...

When you summon Zero he goes offscreen and moves back and forth in the background (like in the game). As he does this he shoots out those red drops of "blood" in an arc, that do 5% each?

OR when summoned he goes to one side of the screen and starts shooting out the red drops that do 5% (these drops go all the across the screen). If you attack him enough his eye will split out of the white part (just as creepily as in DL3). The eye then targets a player and tries to run into them. If its hits them directly about 10-15% with some knockback (not too much). If the player just hits the "tail" end it's only like 5-10% with no knock back.

Let me know if it's too under/over powered. Or if it needs other changes.
(If you want to see any of these attacks just "Kirby's dreamland 3: zero battle" or something like that on youtube.)

We are talking about the first zero right?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 02-07-2010

Nice stuff guys! First post is updated with most of the new characters.

@Nick While you're guess as to why he wasn't included is right, I think they're all talking about the Zero from the Megaman series.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - SuperGoomba - 02-08-2010

[Image: darkmatterpreview.png]
started making Dark Matter

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - D2S-Speed - 02-08-2010

It is a good start but it needs a bit of work. It could stand to be a bit smaller about kirbys size. Also the size proportions don't seem right to me.

Also for Zero (So I can start making him) he is a taller than Mega I'd say about 3 or 4 pixels, his attack could be "Dark Hold" from Tatsunoko v.s. Capcom. He slahes the opponent into the air and surrounds them inside a dark bubble and the character becomes all black (like a silhouette) then his Z-Saber enlarges and forms into Megaman Zeros Blade he hovers on the ground a bit then slashes the opponent in the bubble again. The assist would be hard to get and it would do have high knockback. (Pending on the opponents damage)

or...

Earth G. - There are different styles of this attack. The original (MMX2) he pounds the ground and rubble comes up and destroys all enemies on screen. In Tatsunoko v.s. Capcom his fist glows green and pounds the ground, then 5 beams of light shoot out onto the ground in a rainbow color style.

Entrance - After the Assist Trophy breaks open he comes down in a red beam of light.

End - Turns away and disappears in a beam of light.

Let me know what you think.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 02-08-2010

(02-08-2010, 04:21 PM)Brawler1207 Wrote: It is a good start but it needs a bit of work. It could stand to be a bit smaller about kirbys size. Also the size proportions don't seem right to me.

Also for Zero (So I can start making him) he is a taller than Mega I'd say about 3 or 4 pixels, his attack could be "Dark Hold" from Tatsunoko v.s. Capcom. He slahes the opponent into the air and surrounds them inside a dark bubble and the character becomes all black (like a silhouette) then his Z-Saber enlarges and forms into Megaman Zeros Blade he hovers on the ground a bit then slashes the opponent in the bubble again. The assist would be hard to get and it would do have high knockback. (Pending on the opponents damage)

or...

Earth G. - There are different styles of this attack. The original (MMX2) he pounds the ground and rubble comes up and destroys all enemies on screen. In Tatsunoko v.s. Capcom his fist glows green and pounds the ground, then 5 beams of light shoot out onto the ground in a rainbow color style.

Entrance - After the Assist Trophy breaks open he comes down in a red beam of light.

End - Turns away and disappears in a beam of light.

Let me know what you think.

I like it except for the entrance. Its just that no other assist trophy has a special entrance thing like that. I just feel it would make him stick out too much against the other assist trophies personally, but its your call.

Hmmm...I guess your right on that. Yeah but what about the attacks which one would best be suited?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 02-08-2010

Hmm, I'd say the first one. Hitting everyone onscreen at once seems kinda unfair.

Working on his base sprite right now. I thought it would be Dark Hold, because it would only hit one person kinda like Lyn.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Baegal - 02-08-2010

(02-08-2010, 04:21 PM)Brawler1207 Wrote: It is a good start but it needs a bit of work. It could stand to be a bit smaller about kirbys size. Also the size proportions don't seem right to me.
Actually dark matter supposed to be about 2 or 3 times larger than kirby. It looks actually pretty cool, except his pupil is red (i think).
sorry about the blank space, but I'm in a rush.
[Image: DarkMatter.png]

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Nick97 - 02-08-2010

Sick whoops... sorry, I've been a little out of it these past few days... but I still think Kirby's Zero (0) would be an okay idea. Meh, I don't know.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - tacopronto - 02-08-2010

There's a lot of buzz about a new pokemon being revealed on the 15th. Under the circumstances that we are revealed enough info to turn it into a pokeball pokemon, I think that would an awesome decision.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - TomGuycott - 02-08-2010

On the Zero subject and the suggestion of him entering with a red beam of light, I don't agree with that. Exiting on a red beam of light? That might be a bit more acceptable.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 02-09-2010

(02-08-2010, 07:32 PM)Brawler1207 Wrote: Working on his base sprite right now. I thought it would be Dark Hold, because it would only hit one person kinda like Lyn.

Sounds good! Your reasoning for going with Dark Hold is pretty sound as well if you ask me.

(02-08-2010, 09:22 PM)Baegal Wrote:
Actually dark matter supposed to be about 2 or 3 times larger than kirby. It looks actually pretty cool, except his pupil is red (i think).
sorry about the blank space, but I'm in a rush.
[Image: DarkMatter.png]

Looking good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing this continued.

(02-08-2010, 09:50 PM)Nick97 Wrote: Sick whoops... sorry, I've been a little out of it these past few days... but I still think Kirby's Zero (0) would be an okay idea. Meh, I don't know.
Well it seems like Kirby is already getting a few good assist trophies. Still, maybe you could ask for him to be a boss in the adventure mode thread or something?

(02-08-2010, 11:28 PM)tacopronto Wrote: There's a lot of buzz about a new pokemon being revealed on the 15th. Under the circumstances that we are revealed enough info to turn it into a pokeball pokemon, I think that would an awesome decision.

Its certainly possible that it would be a cool Pokemon to add however I'm going to have to reject it for 2 reasons.

First off, we have absolutely no clue about anything about this Pokemon. Even if it is revealed soon, its not likely that they'll reveal exactly what it does that's so special the same day.

Second, we've already got what could be considered a good candidate for a final Pokemon roster. Adding another would just add to the load that has to be sprited and while its not necessarily the final roster, for the moment I am treating it as one.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Teddy The Elite - 02-09-2010

^It's also a factor that if it is special in some way, by adding it we would be adding just a single 5th generation pokemon.