The VG Resource
Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Assist Trophies and Pokemon (/thread-8719.html)

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Tea - 01-20-2010

I agree, 10 secs max, but i think the attack power shouldn't double, or at least the CPU not be great, because otherewise it would work more to your advantage than hindrance.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 01-20-2010

(01-20-2010, 03:32 PM)Bluline Wrote: I agree, 10 secs max, but i think the attack power shouldn't double, or at least the CPU not be great, because otherewise it would work more to your advantage than hindrance.

I say double power, keep the time to like 7 seconds, and make the ai the equivalent of the average level 3 in a smash bros. game. Most people can avoid that relatively well while occasionally a level 3 may be able to get a hit or two in.

I may not be the best one to ask though since I generally play Smash Bros. games on the harder difficulties.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - SpencerEX - 01-27-2010

Duck Hunt Dog and Ducks
when you pick up the trophy three ducks will spawn from it and fly all over the screen. Each character can hit the ducks and they will fall to the ground. The Dog will rise from the background and reward those who hit a duck with health replenishment.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Tea - 01-27-2010

I can't remember, wasn't duck hunt gonna be a stage?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - SpencerEX - 01-27-2010

oh your right Genki ^_^'
Maybe Banjo instead?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 01-27-2010

(01-27-2010, 12:53 PM)Goomba X Wrote: oh your right Genki ^_^'
Maybe Banjo instead?

I'm personally not against it, but seeing as a lot of others don't want any representation of him in this game at all its not happening.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - mutantyoshi - 01-28-2010

Banjo would be a great idea, but no-one is seeing why we can't put him in the game, look, the reason is that Rare Ware (the Company that owns the rights to Banjo-Kazooie games) was sold from Nintendo to Microsoft. Also, Rare Ware is Second Party, not Third, where in Second Parties, you make games for one system, so it is a division of Microsoft. If Nintendo didn't sell Rareware, then Banjo would have actually most likely be put up as a playable character and not a assist trophy.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 01-28-2010

(01-28-2010, 07:27 PM)mutantyoshi Wrote: Banjo would be a great idea, but no-one is seeing why we can't put him in the game, look, the reason is that Rare Ware (the Company that owns the rights to Banjo-Kazooie games) was sold from Nintendo to Microsoft. Also, Rare Ware is Second Party, not Third, where in Second Parties, you make games for one system, so it is a division of Microsoft. If Nintendo didn't sell Rareware, then Banjo would have actually most likely be put up as a playable character and not a assist trophy.

Like I said, it ain't my decision. I'm not gonna put them in even as assist trophies simply because of how against it many people here are.

Now that I've said that I'd really like to drop the subject. Lets keep from derailing from the topic any further please.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Nick97 - 02-02-2010

I like neslug's banzai bill idea although I think it should just move across the screen. I don't think it really explodes in any of the games... (could be wrong though)
For another Kirby assist trophy I would suggest Adeleine. (I'm pretty sure this was suggested before but not in great detail). When she appears she either paints a boss (like ice dragon or sweet stuff) which you can then attack until it dies, or she can paint 3-4 enemies that can be killed in one hit or so. When you defeat all her paintings she can either run around, trying to hit you like in the the games or just disappear.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 02-02-2010

(02-02-2010, 09:16 PM)Nick97 Wrote: I like neslug's banzai bill idea although I think it should just move across the screen. I don't think it really explodes in any of the games... (could be wrong though)
For another Kirby assist trophy I would suggest Adeleine. (I'm pretty sure this was suggested before but not in great detail). When she appears she either paints a boss (like ice dragon or sweet stuff) which you can then attack until it dies, or she can paint 3-4 enemies that can be killed in one hit or so. When you defeat all her paintings she can either run around, trying to hit you like in the the games or just disappear.

Sounds good to me. Smile

I think I only rejected Adeleine before because the first person to suggest her wanted her to paint normal Smash Bros. items or something like that. The way you described it sounds pretty good though so I'll put it on the first post.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Baegal - 02-02-2010

yeah, that was me. BTW, I still didn't get critique on this old sprite of her. Also someone PLEASE fix her face.
[Image: Adeleine20.png]

(02-02-2010, 09:36 PM)Baegal Wrote: yeah, that was me. BTW, I still didn't get critique on this old sprite of her. Also someone PLEASE fix her face.
[Image: Adeleine20.png]

Sorry about that. It looks good so far, but as you pointed out it still needs a little bit of work on the face.

@Nick About Banzai Bill I decided to have him work like you said for the most part, but have him explode SSBM style if he runs into a wall. I'd like to keep it this way unless others disagree with the idea and think he should just pass through walls like in the original games.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Chaoxys - 02-02-2010

Honestly, it seems like she should be a bit shorter. As tall as Mario at the msot since she's shown as a young girl in the games. Seems off for her to be so tall.

(02-02-2010, 09:53 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Honestly, it seems like she should be a bit shorter. As tall as Mario at the msot since she's shown as a young girl in the games. Seems off for her to be so tall.

I dunno about that. In this game she is as tall as Dedede.
[Image: Game_Kriby64_Screen1.jpg]

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - onyx801 - 02-02-2010

Unless soem else has taken it i say that Pac-Man would be a funny assist trophy, and just to be specific I mean the retro Pac-Man.