The VG Resource
Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Assist Trophies and Pokemon (/thread-8719.html)

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Gold - 01-18-2010

(01-18-2010, 12:20 AM)Moon Stalker Wrote:
(01-17-2010, 06:40 PM)Airicy Wrote: Actually, a scribblenauts AT is a good idea. When you get the AT, a bubble pops up on screen with a text box. Inside the text box, either a Pokemon name, Item name, or assist trophy name is written. (It should be making a clicking noise as if the buttons are being pressed everytime a new letter is added.) Whatever was written simply appears out of a burst of light.

Oh boy. I remember the Ditto idea just like this. :/

What we should do is make it so that every once in a while when a Pokéball is thrown the Pokémon will have a ditto face. Smile

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - TomGuycott - 01-18-2010

In response to the Skull Kid trophy on Koopaul's list, I have a suggestion, and I apologize if it was already decided on, but I don't know where in the thread it was mentioned and I'm about to pass out for the night, but I wanted to post the idea before I left.

Has it been decided whether or not he wears Majora's Mask? I think that it might be interesting if he actually appeared both with and without it. When he appears without it, he has a higher chance of creating a positive effect. When he wears the mask, he has a higher chance of a negative effect. Or, to reduce the chance of the player guessing what the effect would be based on the presence of the mask, maybe the mask could pop on at the last second before he performed his action, and then he could toss out a ton of Bob-ombs at once or drop a moon down on the battlefield or something crazy. Yes? No?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Teddy The Elite - 01-18-2010

^What if he stood backwards and at the last second, flipped around and it showed the mask?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - D2S-Speed - 01-18-2010

Also maybe before he disappears he can laugh like he does in Majora's Mask. He will chuckle and then vanish.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Neslug - 01-18-2010

For the last missing Mario AT, I'm giving some ideas...

- Chain Chomp: Chained to a block, lunges at enemies randomly.
- Angry Sun: Stays in the background shooting fireballs, then sweeps through the stage.
- Banzai Bill: Slowly flies across stage, explodes upon touching a wall or enemy.
- Fuzzy Swarm: A line is drawn across the stage, after a few seconds a swarm of Fuzzies move along the line hurting enemies on impact.
- Magikoopa: Shoots quick magic blasts at enemies causing various status effects and at any items that appear on the stage, turning them into Goombas. The Goombas can't hurt the summoner.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Ton - 01-18-2010

I like Angry Sun.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Neslug - 01-18-2010

I think it might a little too much like Andross though, now that I think of it.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - red reaper - 01-18-2010

(01-18-2010, 12:08 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I like Angry Sun.
wasn't he gonna be on the the Mario bros 3 stage?i can't remember the name of it though.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Koopaul - 01-18-2010

Well really these are just my suggestions its up to you guys to decide things. Though I do believe that the amount per franchise seems right.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Ton - 01-18-2010

(01-18-2010, 12:28 PM)red reaper Wrote:
wasn't he gonna be on the the Mario bros 3 stage?i can't remember the name of it though.

Oh. Maybe that's why I like it.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 01-18-2010

(01-18-2010, 05:35 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Well really these are just my suggestions its up to you guys to decide things. Though I do believe that the amount per franchise seems right.

Yeah it looks about right although I'd really like to stray away from putting shitty assist trophies in there just to fill up space if we can't find decent assist trophies to fill in the empty slots like I said before.

(01-18-2010, 12:28 PM)red reaper Wrote:

Well there were a LOT of stage ideas suggested that didn't end up being used. Are you sure that they already used this one?

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Ngamer01 - 01-18-2010

I have an idea about Fawful using Koopaul's suggestion as a base.

When Fawful hits a player, the attack makes the player lose control of the affected character for about 15 seconds. The CPU will take control of the character and the character's attack power doubles during this time. Basically it's a twist on the Fury status from Mario & Luigi 3.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - red reaper - 01-18-2010

i made the pissed off sun face i just cant make the rays right

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Shadowth117 - 01-19-2010

(01-18-2010, 09:23 PM)Ngamer01 Wrote: I have an idea about Fawful using Koopaul's suggestion as a base.

When Fawful hits a player, the attack makes the player lose control of the affected character for about 15 seconds. The CPU will take control of the character and the character's attack power doubles during this time. Basically it's a twist on the Fury status from Mario & Luigi 3.

15 seconds without being able to control your character seems a little long to me. Other than that I'm good for it.

Pissed off sun looks pretty good too Red Reaper. I'm sure that someone else will be able to make the rays if you don't think you can.

RE: Assist Trophies and Pokemon - Ngamer01 - 01-19-2010

(01-19-2010, 08:46 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote: 15 seconds without being able to control your character seems a little long to me. Other than that I'm good for it.

Yeah, 15 seconds is too much on hindsight. 5-10 seconds would be better, but hey. The time it stays in effect can always be adjusted later (if the idea is good for inclusion that is).