[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Ultimate DOOM
I have ripped every texture from The Ultimate DOOM. Now I have got a tidy folder filled with all the textures from E1M1. Am I allowed to upload this collection?
Because I have noticed no one else has, and I would be surprised if it wasn't because of a particular rule.
Thanked by:
Textures should be submitted to the tTR. But don't worry, no matter if you post it here or there I'm going to upload it Wink
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Ah, yes. I suppose I may as well post them here, now that I've made a new thread.
I guess I'll do it, then:
[Image: e1m1.png]
Thanked by: Ultimecia
Considering the textures aren't unique to each level, why not just submit them all?
Thanked by:
Ah, but most of the textures are manipulated and mixed with other textures to create the walls for each level. I painstakingly did it myself with references to how they were listed in Doom Builder 2, which took an hour and a half. The ones included in that archive are all correctly remade though btw, I imported them into DOOM myself to double-check.
Thanked by:
You missed my point. BROWN96 is BROWN96 is BROWN96. BROWN96 is used in (probably) every Episode 1 level. It's the same texture.

What I think you're talking about is patches. Patches are smaller images which are combined into textures (as defined in the TEXTURE* lumps). This was just done to save space in the game's IWAD. Although the textures can be aligned differently in a map editor, they don't vary in their pixel composition from level to level.
Thanked by:
Ah yes, they're called patches. While it's true that many textures are reused in other levels, uploading them in some order would be neccessary, right?
Maybe I could upload them as Flats, floors, etc. Would that be better?
Thanked by:
Much better actually
Sort like this: http://www.textures-resource.com/pc_comp...index.html
Thanked by:
Wow, that submitter actually bothered to put all the patches together... I guess I'll just send in the floors for now then.
[Image: doomfloortextures.png]
Thanked by: Ultimecia
Moving to Textures.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Thx Ton XP I just kept in the Sprites one because I check both anyway XP

So should I remove the already submitted one and wait the walls?
Thanked by:
Yeah, I've plans for the walls to be done by at least the end of the week.

EDIT: I've hit a snag in the process. Hopefully someone else will release the walls instead of me.
Thanked by:
[Image: ultimate_doom-wall_textures_icon.png]
Thanked by: Ultimecia, Friedslick6