Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF]
(07-15-2012, 01:25 PM)Dooku Wrote: Thanks to Raccoon Sam for pointing out that the item tiles are probably 2bpp. I think he's right, and if so, that means only 4 colors for each of those tiles (2^2 = 4).

I thought we struck jackpot with 4 blacks and 4 whites on one palette. Thanks for pointing that out!

It is my joy to announce that Rainbow Road had SO much untapped potential.

The Rainbow Road background can immediately access 16 different palettes AT THE SAME TIME (coming from the other course backgrounds).
Just on the Rainbow Road palette, It seems that 4 sets of purple and 4 sets of black were used in the Rainbow Road background palette (but, I'm assuming that these are in 2bpp (4 colors per palette) because there's way more 'transparent' colors showing up). But I got an obnoxious amount of color onto the background when I experimented with this.
There are a total of 48 background sprites available (ONLY 9 sprites were used in the original).
There are 181 UNUSED rainbow road ground tiles, ready for editing.
For every color of the rainbow road ground tiles, there is an extra, unused color. So, this means, three colors per red tile instead of two.

So my good people. Imagine the possibilities.
Cool It's a me - segway! Woo-hoo!!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Updates in First Post] - by segwayspeedracer - 07-15-2012, 01:55 PM