Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF]
Star, you have to let me in on this hack. I'm obsessed with Super Mario Kart and haven't sprited in ages!

Also, I didn't know the game could handle 12 CPU's on the course at one time, that's extremely interesting to know. How are the items handled then? Is the code that gets rid of excess items on the track in GP on purpose, or a result of not enough power? The hack sounds more like a technical breakthrough rather than a regular old sprite + layout hack, which REALLY has me interested.

Not pertaining to the hack at all, but I've always wondered how SMK would be if some experienced coder took advantage of the later to come, Super FX (or unreleased Super FX 2) Chip and added proper scaling for sprites at a distance like Yoshi's island or Star Fox 1 & 2. Or four player split screen in the game, which is entirely possible according to the lesser known Street Racer:

With the traditional 4-Window layout we know today, of course.

ohmanIcan'tstandthe2pixelwideyes, if it's possible can you at least make Mario and Luigi's less detailed?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart? - by Iceman404 - 07-03-2012, 05:33 PM