Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project (Now at Phase 2!)
[Image: 362337-ssbb_logo_super.jpg]

You've all been waiting for it, and now the time has finally arrived! Let's do this! Big Grin

March 2012 marks the fourth anniversary of Brawl's release. And as a way to celebrate it, we're going to finally do this game justice and properly rip every last significant piece from it!

Okay, since this is a huge project, and things are likely to get chaotic, this is how it'll work. We'll progress in small steps, starting with only the fighters, their attack effects, and Final Smashes. Since there are so many trophies, they will always be available as an option. Once we finish all of the fighters and their effects, we will move onto the next set of things to rip! As for rules, you must post stating which models you are going to claim, and I (or Peardian) will add your name to the list beside those models' names so that others know it's been claimed. Please do not submit a model without claiming it first, to avoid overlapping/confusion. The only exception to this rule is if you already ripped the model before this project started. You may only claim a maximum total of up to 3 Fighters, 3 Effects, and 3 Final Smashes at one time. Each submission must include an OBJ and fully-rigged DAE of the model. Other formats, such as SMD are welcome. For all DAEs and MTLs, make sure you check the texture paths to ensure they are relative and not absolute. See this post if you have questions on ripping the models, creating DAEs, or fixing paths. Textures must be in PNG format, all located in the same directory as the model files. (The exception to this is alternate character costumes. See the Character section for details.) Both .ZIPs and .RARs are acceptable. As a final note, do not use exports straight from BrawlBox. Now, without further ado, here are the files (courtesy of Random Talking Bush)!

Current phase: Assist Trophies and Pokémon

Like the fighters, fighter effects, and Final Smashes, the maximum number of claims per person for both Assist Trophies and Pokémon is 3. Note that this is a separate count from the first set, so you can have 3 fighters, fighter effects, or Final Smashes, as well as 3 Assist Trophies or Pokémon.

Fighter & Effect Files Part 1
Fighter & Effect Files Part 2
Assist Trophy & Pokémon Files
Trophy Files

On the subject of icons, Peardian will be handling them.

Now for the list! Models crossed out are on the site, and models marked with a name are claimed. Note that if you do not show any activity regarding your claim(s) within 2 months, they will be removed and will be opened back up for others. If you still wish to submit them, you will need to claim them again.

[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Claiming squirtle~
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde
Yoshi, Lucario, and Ivysaur to start. Smile
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
Question, along with Pikachu (and its alt. costumes)'s files, is included a lower-poly, textureless version of each. Should I leave these alone? Perhaps they are leftovers from Melee?
Thanked by:
Those are the fighter's shadow model. We don't need those at all. Tongue
Quick question, what's wrong with brawlbox?
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
The exports it produces have compatibility issues, and can't be opened by every modeling program. It's to ensure that these rips can be used by everyone.
*Eagerly awaiting posts in this topic*
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Another question, here I have textures for a "dark" version of Pikachu (which are slightly different from the regular, plus a "darkness" effect texture). What should I name the folder? I currently have "Pikachu (Dark)". Also, I should include the pure grey textures, right? That must be for when Pikachu gets turned into a trophy? What would I title that folder? I just need those answered and I'll have Pikachu done.

EDIT: There are 4 .PACs titled "FitPikachuSpy". I don't know what the spy means but there is another of each of Pikachu's models with pure grey textures plus an "FB" texture and another weird texture.
Thanked by:
Those are for Pikachu's evil clone models in SSE and for Cloaking. Every character has them, and there's really no point in ripping them.
Just the textures then?
Thanked by:
Even the textures aren't really worth anything. Do you really think anybody would use those? Tongue
Thanked by:
Okay then, I just don't wanna miss anything accidentally. Tongue

Working on effects now.
Thanked by: Perseus
stages??????
Big Grin
shadow moses Island!

buh-buh-bum-bum-bum-bah-bah-buh-buh-bah!
Thanked by:
I Claim Bowser, Sonic (Yes, I know how to rip him now Wink ) and Meta Knight Fighter Models.