Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Official Kirby's Return to Dreamland Project
This is the official submission project thread for the game, and anyone's free to join in. Special thanks to John2k4 for providing the files. This project will work similarly to the Brawl thread. We're going to start by ripping the main characters (all of them except Kirby and Magolor are done though Sick), enemies and bosses. We'll then move onto the items, copy abilities, etc..

All submissions must include a fully rigged .DAE and a .OBJ with a working .MTL. .SMDs are optional but very welcomed as it gives the end user more options. There are a few models such as Kirby that has UV issues, and will require advanced editing to fix. Therefore, only someone with good knowledge of models/knows how to fix them should claim them. All old claims are marked with an asterisk (*) and are ones that were done previously. You can also only claim up to 5 of anything at one time (not counting claims on previous rips, of course). To find out how to get models from this game ready for submission, see this tutorial, written by me. Now, here is the list of things to rip:

Warning for those who may not have not beaten the game: major spoilers can be found in the list below.

Game Files (courtesy of John2k4)

And a section icon provided by Chaofanatic:

[Image: rRN9v.png]
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Icons now added to the first post. Big Grin

...Along with a new submission! Just another enemy that all of us Kirby fans are familiar with, so it's safe for people like Peardian to look. Wink

Also, I've developed a new method so that I can make smooth previews and icons now! No more ugly pixelated previews and icons! Big Grin

I'll get a few more enemies, then do another playable next!
Thanked by:
Oh shoot! Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to add Meta Knight's gear. Durrrrrr. Just updated the post.

Yes, they're different for each character.
Thanked by:
Yeah I thought I was gonna get King Dedede, but John hasn't posted him yet so I'll wait. In the meantime, I've got something else you all will love:

Thanked by:
OKAY, I've got something reeeeeally nice!

Thanked by:
Not 1, not 5, not 10, not even 20!

I made them all separate because someone might only want an Invincible Candy or Sandwich model and not wanna download them all. 36 isn't that big of a number anyway! Cute
Thanked by:
Thanked by:
The reason why Bonkers is black-and-white is because he's loading up his "specular" (shinyness) textures instead of his defaults. Just swap the filenames, and you should be able to get the proper appearance for the renders.
Thanked by:
Here's Kabu!
[Image: L44Dy.png]

[Image: bxgSB.png]
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
You can actually layer the specular map with the normal texture by making the specular texture only affect the specular aspect of the material and not the color,
giving it a more cool shiny textured feel like in the game.
[Image: 29736365.png]
Oh yeah. That Kain avatar up there is gonna change. Into something better.
Thanked by:
Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

MAJOR SPOILER!!!

[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:

I'll get the rest... sometime. Cute
Thanked by:
Sounds good.

All the stone statues have their own models & textures, so I'll try to organize that (somehow). :p
Thanked by:
(12-18-2011, 05:43 PM)John2k4 Wrote: Sounds good.

All the stone statues have their own models & textures, so I'll try to organize that (somehow). :p
Just a bit of a warning, from what I've seen most the Stone statues have texture layers with separate UV mapping channels, so they need to be modified to look proper.

Thanked by:
Statues! Big Grin

[Image: KRtDL-Kirby-Stone-Forms.jpg]

Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Stone Ability Statues [DAE]
Thanked by: Garamonde