Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[INDEV] Pokemon Card GB Expansion | New Sprites 06/22/12 - Reconstructing OP
Under major reconstruction. Please feel free to direct any questions about sprites, spriting methodology and specifications, and coding to me.
[Image: BannerMain.gif]  [Image: Delibird1TCG.png] [Image: Weedle1TCG.png] [Image: BannerMain.gif]
I started a project with this exact same concept a few years ago, but it never really took off. This made my day, man! I'd post some of the old sprites from the project, but sadly (and surprisingly) I can't find them.

Anyway, stuff you have so far looks pretty fucking boss. Good luck with the project.
[Image: untitledre6.gif]
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
Are we supposed to only make second generation pokemon or can we make third generations pokemon too?
[Image: BannerMain.gif][Image: A9p8V.png][Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by:
X Gamer: Well, that makes this a little more daunting, seeing as other projects have been tried and they failed, but thanks for the support! Also, glad my little doodles made somebody's day.

Yo-Yo Boy: Not at all! I for one was only interested in the second generation, but really, anything is good. Go for it!

Edit: Did Umbreon today.

Umbreon (Neo Discovery)
[Image: UmbreonTCG1.png]
[Image: BannerMain.gif]  [Image: Delibird1TCG.png] [Image: Weedle1TCG.png] [Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by:
I suck at making pokemon cards, Cry so i tried to make an Aquapolis symbol.
[Image: U79z8.png]
Edit: Is there any offical pallete for the pokemon cards?
Thanked by:
Very nicely done. When I first saw it I was afraid it would exceed 16x16 but it checks in.

Hm, well honestly, not that I'm aware of. The cards have a great variation in colours, and I've never seen or heard of a palette. If there is one it must be very large. What I do is pick a colour from the original card until I've made a 7/8 colour palette.

Adding your symbol to the OP.

Edit: Light Machamp

Light Machamp [Image: NeoDestinyExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: LightMachampTCG.png]
Thanked by:
I'm making Smeargle from Neo Discovery.
I'll post it here when it's finished.
Thanked by:
Great! Sounds like a plan.

I made Metal Energy yesterday but was too lazy to post it until today.

Metal Energy [Image: NeoGenesisExpansionSymbol2.png]
[Image: MetalEnergy.png]

I know it's holographic, but it doesn't really work well because of the background energy cards have. If anyone wants to see it anyway just say so. I used the Lightning Energy sprite as a base.
Thanked by:
Smeargle[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: B7hGk.png]
I'm pretty satisfied with this.
Thanked by:
Wow. Very, very nice. You should definitely do more, you've got real talent at this. Adding to OP.

Hoothoot [Image: NeoGenesisExpansionSymbol2.png]
[Image: HoothootTCG.png]
Thanked by:
Do you know how to code? I'm wondering beacuse you wrote "coder"
Weedle[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: gAhog.png]
Metapod[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: S6eMs.png]
I also made an Ex Delta Species icon[Image: QgpFm.png]
Thanked by:
This looks like it would be fun to join, but alas, I am not good at making sprites or coding. However, I am really good at making storylines (Like I said in another thread). If you have any need for a Storyline Creator, I would be a fine choice, and I would be extremely happy.
Thanked by:
(12-05-2011, 07:24 AM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: Do you know how to code? I'm wondering beacuse you wrote "coder"
Weedle[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: gAhog.png]
Metapod[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: S6eMs.png]
I also made an Ex Delta Species icon[Image: QgpFm.png]

Ha ha, I wanted to do these, but you did an amazing job with them. As always, adding to the OP. And I put "coder" in quotation marks because what I'm doing is looking into the game's code using a hex editor, seeing as there is no hacking base for either of the games (that I could find). I'm trying to figure the whole mess out.

(12-05-2011, 11:53 AM)sponge7325 Wrote: This looks like it would be fun to join, but alas, I am not good at making sprites or coding. However, I am really good at making storylines (Like I said in another thread). If you have any need for a Storyline Creator, I would be a fine choice, and I would be extremely happy.

Ah, well, you see, I wasn't really thinking about making a new game per se, like with a story line and all. Just adding more cards. But if you'd like, give it a shot. Also, Yo-Yo Boy said he wasn't any good at making cards, and he's doing great. Why not give it a try and see how you do?

Edit: Caterpie

Caterpie [Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: CaterpieTCG1.png]

Edit 2: Cyndaquil

Cyndaquil [Image: NeoDestinyExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: CyndaquilTCG.png]
Thanked by:
(12-05-2011, 07:10 PM)Starturds Wrote: Ha ha, I wanted to do these, but you did an amazing job with them. As always, adding to the OP.
Then maybe we should have some caiming system.
In that case I claim Wooper from Neo Genesis.

Edit: Maybe you should begin sorting the cards in which series they belong to and according to number.
Thanked by:
(12-05-2011, 07:10 PM)Starturds Wrote: Cyndaquil [Image: NeoDestinyExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: CyndaquilTCG.png]

That Cyndaquil was one of my favourite cards when I was younger Big Grin I'll help out. I'm claiming Magmar from Neo Genesis please
Thanked by: