Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TSR Game] [Open-source] Thank The Moon
Wink 
Thank The Moon

[Image: j8Y9o.png]
SUMMARY
Thank the moon is a game based on an old concept I've had, the game is a platformer based in a world inhabited by horror monster archetypes such as werewolves, vampires, scarecrows, etc.
The game begins with the player being told they've been through some undefined traumatic event, in desperation they made a contract with the moon, they get all the power they need to get revenge, but when done their body will be taken and used by the moon.
The players character is now a darkling, a living shadow. (their gender, race, species has not effected their form, they do not remember anything of what they were before the contract)
Darklings can take the form of things they have seen, enter the mechanic of obtaining the form of bosses you beat. Each form will have a gimmick making them useful / interesting to use to navigate the levels.
The game ends with the player being betrayed by the moon and leading to a climactic fight where all forms take part in defeating the moon in human form.

Where does TSR come in?
Everything in between!
from gameplay concepts, to designs, to fleshing out the world, to contributing assets, everything thats not the start of the plot or end of the plot is free to build into.
The game is still in early development, but the earlier people can get involved the better, helping identify / fix problems before they grow.

I don't believe in a project like this being closed source, anyone and everyone should be able to see whats going on behind the scenes, whether they would like to make an adaptation, a fix or are just curious, so with each release updated on the first post, the entire source and assets will be included.
RULES!

I don't want there to be many rules but if there needs to be guidelines to keep a style in the sprites, or a coding convention for contributors, etc. etc. it will be in this section

RULE 1. any and all assets of this game are not to be sold and if redistributed are to be credited to the original creator and to be handled under their terms.
a fairly obvious one I know but its just good to be clear.
IN PROGRESS / NEEDED

Here goals and requests will be held, this section won't be used for listing "needed" items until the project has made enough progress, its only right something's provided before something's asked.

Current Goal: establish a basic world and get the player controlling comfortably.
DOWNLOADS

well I wouldn't post a topic with nothing to show, now this isn't much, but you can at least test how the character controls (which I intend to change greatly) and the way the background / foreground effects look. (load 00 for a test map)

F1 - Edit Mode toggle
Delete - Debug info toggle
WASD - move
Left Click - in edit mode, edit tiles (assign the X tile to delete tiles, its much much more efficient to delete tiles than replace them with a blank tile)
Right Click - in edit mode, click to place object, hold to delete objects

http://www.mediafire.com/?a6svl4n9dszc1bo

WARNING! the source code as is isn't commented well and some names may seem senseless, the engine in its current state was intended for my use only, over time I will clean up the code and comment through the documents to make the code more readable and accessible.

Thanks for reading, Discuss anything you may want in the game, anything you may be interested in, any advice you may have, any concepts you would like to share, etc. etc.
in this thread, I hope we can create an amazing world together.
Bombshell

Messages In This Thread
[TSR Game] [Open-source] Thank The Moon - by Bombshell93 - 01-18-2013, 02:29 AM