The VG Resource
"New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: "New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] (/thread-20760.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Shade - 07-08-2012

I'm gonna' vote Daisy.
Though similar to Peach, this needs more female characters.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Iceman404 - 07-08-2012

I think you should think about add-on characters when you reach that part in your task, which is after you've finished the main cast and tiles, or else you'll be overwhelmed and not want to finish said characters in the end out of tiredness.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Star - 07-08-2012

(07-08-2012, 05:27 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: As Previous has pointed out, you're creating a lot of unnecessary AA that's destroying form. I recommend avoiding clusters that have single pixel edges, especially if you buffer around them, because it creates banding:

Quote:it creates banding

Quote:banding

[Image: vKEtg.png]
I seriously need to stop banding lol
Thank you for fixing up my banding issue once again for me, Chris. As well as giving me more advice. One day I'll make you proud of me..father.

And don't worry, Iceman. That is my plan.
Speaking of plans...I got good news for Koopa Troopa users. My plan to bring him back into the hack..worked! Wario will only be a character patch in the game now(basically you'll have to put him in yourself). His colors may seem a bit different though, since he'll most likely have to share with Luigi/Bowser instead of Yoshi.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Iceman404 - 07-08-2012

Sorry can't double thank atm

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Sinkin - 07-09-2012

Link would have been so awesome to see in this project... Very Sad

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Koopaul - 07-09-2012

No this is Mario Kart and should have Mario Universe only... Oh wait Star was gonna add 3rd Party characters?

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Star - 07-09-2012

Yeah, I got inspired for that idea from a certain arcade game(which I never got to play ]: )

[Image: 1sGRJ.png]

Also, about the update..just so people don't stay up I won't be doing it at midnight like I did with the "character patches". I be feeling kind of sickly today.
I'll probably be doing it around 2-4pm tomorrow or something.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Star - 07-10-2012

So yes..

Lakitu, everybody.

[Image: SsscY.png]
I'm still working on him. Since I'm sleepy, I KNOW some things are off.(too much shadow on the back of his head, weird lights, readability issues, etc.) I'll be sure to touch him up tomorrow- err later on today. So I know you guys like to touch up things and I appreciate it. Just wait until I redeem myself first later on today by finishing him up lol

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Goemar - 07-10-2012

Why is he a cyborg?... oh that's his headset...

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - gtkampos - 07-10-2012

I thought that too... more readbility on that !

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Raccoon Sam - 07-10-2012

So YOU'RE the graphics artist! I saw this project on ACMLM's board and couldn't believe my eyes. Either way, fantastic job! It's gonna need a lot of work though.
I wish you the best!!

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Iceman404 - 07-10-2012

Here are the tiles of the game, Star. Just posting them since they're a real pain to find.
[Image: SMKTiles.png]

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Star - 07-10-2012

Iceman..I love you.

Thank you ;__; I could not find them at all.
@RaccoonSam: Why there's a familiar face! I remember seeing you around on MFGG. I am flattered that you, and the other members of that forum, are enjoying the sprites. Who knows, maybe someone will commission me for a Zeld-
No..I better stop there before someone gets a crazy idea lol

First post has been updated with the latest sprites.
I'm sure alot of people are going to ask this: Why are there different colored Yoshis?

The hacker has been experimenting with some things. One being that the characters' palettes can change throughout each course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCBx5fHDeDY&feature=plcp&fb_source=message
We wanted to give Yoshi this unique feature and make him change colors. The colors will also compliment the course.(Like Yoshi being ghost white for that boo level, which I forgot the name of)

I am slowly working on the 360 spin..it'll be a long while until I get that done. Until then..enjoy the sprites, my friends.
[Image: uuIqR.png]
Also, about Lakitu, all of the lights are lit up right now on the redlight. I just wanted to test the "lit up" effect.
I decided to make him facing foward because I noticed that is how he is like in almost all Mario Kart games.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Virt - 07-10-2012

I'm just wondering, why does Koopa Troopa have a Green Shell, but reddish shoes? Aren't those colors consistent?

Well, I don't think they ar-

[Image: 200px-KoopaTroopa_MP9.png]
...oh.
I seriously thought he wore red shoes even if he had a green shell fff
My color memory has failed me.